Why do you want to dab?
Dabbing, a method of consuming concentrated cannabis extracts, has gained popularity in recent years for its potency and flavor. If you’re new to the world of dabbing, it can be an exciting but slightly intimidating experience. However, with the right information and equipment, your first time dabbing can be a smooth and enjoyable adventure into the world of concentrates.
In this guide, RELEAFY’ll explore what you can expect from your first time dabbing, whether you choose to use a dab pen or a dab rig.
Before we delve into the equipment and what to expect, let’s briefly understand what dabbing is. Dabbing involves the vaporization of cannabis concentrates, such as wax, shatter, or budder, using high heat. The result is a potent vapor that can provide a quick and intense cannabis experience.
What do you need to prepare for the first dabbing?
The following two situations will introduce you to the list to prepare.
1. Use a portable dab pen device:
- Fully charged dabbing device (On the first try, choose a device that is easy for beginners to operate, and fully charged to avoid a bad dabbing experience due to low battery)
- Cannabis concentrates (concentrates provide a purer, cleaner source of cannabis because, unlike flowers, you don’t inhale ash or plant matter with each hit)
- Alcohol and cotton swabs
2. Glass e-rigs are used:
- A dab rig
- Cannabis concentrate
- Torch with enough butane
- Dome: A glass cover that you place around your nails, most dab rigs include a dome.
- Pearls in e-rig
- Alcohol and cotton swabs
The place for the first dabbing
If you try dabbing for the first time and don’t want to be found by too many people, you can choose a suitable and safe place with your friends.
The dabbing process
Regardless of whether you choose a dab pen or a dab rig, the basic dabbing process remains the same:
Preparation: Ensure you have your chosen concentrate ready. Use a dab tool to place a small amount (a “dab”) onto the heated surface (nail or coil).
Heating: Heat the nail on a dab rig or the coil in a dab pen to the appropriate temperature. This temperature varies depending on the concentrate but is typically between 300°F and 600°F (149°C to 315°C).
Inhale: As the concentrate vaporizes, inhale slowly and steadily. Start with a small dab, as concentrates are potent.
Exhale: Exhale the vapor and enjoy the effects. Remember that the onset of the high may be rapid and intense.
The first time you try dabs, you can use the cleaning device to complete the ritual after the first dab.
This is where alcohol and cotton swabs come in handy. You can soak the heating chamber in alcohol and wipe it with a cotton swab.
What to expect from your first time dabbing？
- Potency: Dabs are highly concentrated, so the effects can be powerful. Start with a small dab, and wait to see how it affects you before taking more.
- Intense Flavor: Dabbing is known for delivering the full flavor profile of the concentrate, which can be a delightful experience for those who appreciate terpenes and nuanced tastes.
- Rapid Onset: Dabbing usually produces a faster onset of effects compared to other methods of cannabis consumption.
- Short Duration: Dabbing’s effects may also wear off more quickly, so be prepared for a shorter-lived high compared to edibles, for example.
- Coughing: Some people experience coughing, especially if they take a large or hot dab. This is normal, but it’s a good idea to start with smaller and cooler dabs to minimize discomfort.
- Experimentation: Dabbing is an art, and your preferences may evolve over time. You may find that you prefer certain concentrates, temperatures, or dabbing methods.
In conclusion, dabbing can be an exciting way to explore the world of cannabis concentrates. Whether you choose a dab pen or a traditional dab rig, understanding the equipment and following safety guidelines is essential. Start slow, be mindful of the potency, and savor the unique flavors and effects that dabbing has to offer. With practice, you’ll become more comfortable and confident in your dabbing skills, enhancing your overall cannabis experience. Enjoy responsibly!